Monday, August 14, 2006

The Blogging Bandwagon

Well, after reading everyone elses thoughts, I figure it is time I start writing about thoughts of my own. This will be an intersting experiment for a couple of reasons. First, I hate writing. Especially after just finishing my Masters. Thankfuly, I took my classes at unlv and the actual quality and depth of my writing did not require the highest of academic standards or intellectual thought. Plus, I don't spell very well and don't type nearly as well as your average twelve year old can with their text messaging cell phones (hopefully my writing has a little more depth, though, lol). Last time you will ever see "lol" in a post, I promise. Second, although I feel I can hold my own in some intellectual conversations, especially after a few beers, it can often be difficult to find people to have intellectual conversations with. Maybe I am actually not as intellectual as I think I am (hence, attending unlv for a Master's) but it is the beer that makes me think I am actually smart while simultaneosly diminishing the intelligence of my audience, thus exponentially increasing my perceived intelligence. Because of this, (see, not supposed start a sentence with "because") my occasional rants will be pretty darn boring and normal observations of my life and the world. Hopefully for those of you who know me, a light goes on in your head and you can say to yourself, "Well, that explains a lot about him," and those of you who don't know me realize that if you ever meet me, don't buy me any beers if you want to have a normal conversation.

*disclaimer-this post, as all posts, will be written while sober. Comments to replies, if any, on the other hand are subject to beer-goggled responses. If my responses are aggresive or violent by nature, then I was probably drinking Jack, which has been proven to increase testosterone levels (although anyone who ever went to college and called an offensive lineman a lard-ass already knew that).

No comments: